11/18/10

7

Kindness is not something I have learned easily.  It has taken me a lot of time.


Friends who I have had for many years probably remember I hurt a lot of people back then with my words.  I have always found it a sort of game to push people's buttons until they snap.  Something about the suspense and the idea of how far I could go made that really fun.  I have been very sarcastic and blunt with my words, and hurt a lot of people.


Lately, I have come to appreciate kindness.  There isn't a whole lot left of it in the world.  To find someone who is truly kind from the heart, is like finding the perfect diamond.  Easily gained, and easily sold away.  Kindness isn't something people treasure in a world where money talks.  There is nothing like having a friend who you can tell anything and feel safe.  A friend that would fly across the planet if they heard you needed them.  This is the type of friend that would tell you when you were doing something wrong and then take you out to dinner.  Give and expect nothing in return.  I want to be that person you can rely on.  I have been trying very hard to become that, but I am no where near where I could be.


I have met people like this in the past, and have regarded them as dust beneath my feet.  Something to be seen as pathetic and swept away.  Oh, how I have been an egotistical prick.  These are the people who will someday rise above the disappointing example of humanity we have all become.  


I am going to try to be as kind because I have seen the value in it.  Watch me world.
:D

No comments:

Post a Comment